Sunday, November 21, 2010

Purses

In college I went through a purse craze. Well I'm always in a purse craze, but in college I started making them! I found a random roll of seatbelt in the thrift store and KNEW it was going to be a purse. So i grabbed my glue gun and started weaving and gluing away. I ended up with a clutch bag (kinda Wendy Williams style) and I used a belt I never wore as a accent piece.

I had a fabric wrapped piece of cardboard on the bottom to keep it stiff but it fell out in the drawer and I was being lazy. 

Standing up. 


Back/ Side



After this one I discovered the candy wrapper purse. The idea seemed sooo simple. I didn't have that many candy wrappers though, so I went for magazines- and i made a wristlet instead. I folded and taped (i dont have a laminator) each piece for strength and durability and then i started making chains. Now, technically you then sew the chains  together. As previously stated, Corey CANT sew. Sooooo I attempted, and it came out... poorly. SOOO I taped up the inside (no one can tell) and i poorly sewed on a zipper and I used an old headband for a strap. It looks awesome and no one can tell my tape secrets! 

Front

Close up. You can still see the words and pictures from the magazines

Back




Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty nifty, especially the magazine one, I have like 500 magazines, I need to give new life to, lol.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete