Saturday, November 20, 2010

Magnetic Board Revamp

Half the time I craft to deal with stress. Stress from my students, my lack of a teaching job, my parents, anything. Well, lately i've been crafting up a storm, half of the stuff I have no use for, but I make it anyway (I won't lie, most of the ideas I get from other bloggers, and I then attempt to create them myself. I will provide links whenever possible!). So yesterday I was at the local thrift shop and I found this kids magnetic board for $1.25. It was ugly (i tried to find a pic online but to no avail), but I knew it had a great shape and could turn it into something awesome. I mod podged a damask paper onto it, painted the edges, turned the pink magnetic board into a magnetic/chalk board, and attached the pink flower. The magnets actually came with the original board, i contemplated changing them, but I thought they looked kind of cute. Needless to say, I am very happy with the results, now I just have to figure out what to do with it.

I learned to do the AWESOME flowers here: I don't know this woman, but she has taught me a lot! haha




Let me know what you think! That is, if anyone actually starts to read this! Haha. 

1 comment:

  1. Corey this turned out AWESOME. How totally cute. I love everything about it. Come link this up girl to my party, **Amaze me AUgust** he he, that's where I found you, THANK goodness. Your blog is GREAT, and I am happy to be your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete