Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fun with Fondant

So, aside from crafts I fiddle in fondant. By that, I mean I've used it twice and think it's nifty! ha. Anyways,    heres pics.


I made this with store bought white fondant. I colored it with food coloring and this was the finished product. For my first time, I don't think it's so bad! The fondant tasted awful though! I literally pulled it off every piece. Why spend so much money for something so UCK! So, then I did some research and read that the homemade marshmallow fondant is like a million times better. Naturally, I HAD to try. So i whipped up a batch and decorated some cupcakes for my class for Halloween.
It tasted MUCH better! They turned out mediocre looking. I guess I need more practice!

1 comment:

  1. You are too darn hard on yourself. FOndant is not the easiest thing to work with, but I give you full on props for doing it, and for your second time you made your own, and the cupcakes turned out GREAT. I have been decorating cakes most of my life, not joking, and I LOVE working with fondant, but it is tricky as heck, and the homemade one, not only tastes better but is much easier to work with in my opinion. Now wrapping a wedding cake in it, thats' another story, yeah you need the harder, stiffer, more not so tasty one for that, lol.

    You go girl, and don't stop, you seem to have a real talent, ALREADY!!!

    Come link up!! I heart you already, your blog is awesome.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete