Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dresser Refinish

There was an old dresser in my grandpa's old bedroom. It was made of laminate and pressboard and was pretty much a P.O.S. The family wanted to chuck it but I decided this would be a great play piece for me that I could store my craft crap in. Now I KNOW you need to prime this ish before you paint it, but the thing will sit in the basement and basically I wasn't looking to spend ANY money. So I just had at it.

I forgot to take a before pic, so i took one as sooon as i remembered.
As you can see I went with white. Look at the streaks. Gonna need a ton of coats!


Side view.


Then I decided to mod podge the top with a shopping bag that I loved the pattern on. So I cut it up and stuck it on. BUBBLES AND RIPPLES GALORE!

Looks okay at first glance

Chipping already

ripple

Coming up on the side.



After seeing this I was annoyed. Like rip it off and throw the thing out the window annoyed. Then i realized ... Eff it. Its gonna end up in my basement anyway. So what if their are a few flaws. So i left it. And I WILL finish it. I think I may continue the awesome pattern with paint onto the white so it has a fading like effect. I am also planning on hand painting the front. I'm DREAMING BIG!!!!

I'll take pictures upon completion!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment